Wednesday, February 11, 2009

TORNADOS In Oklahoma City!

Hey Kids,

WOW! Just as I was gettin into Oklahoma City, Ok yesterday, several police cars past us on the freeway with their lights and sirens on. I just thought it was a bad accident, however when I got a few miles up the road the freeway was stopped....and guess what I saw?

A tornado passed over the freeway about 5 miles ahead of me! It was the tornado that damaged Edmond, Ok according to the news reports. I also went through Lone Grove south of Oklahoma City a few hours before the killer tornado hit there. I did not realize that I was traveling right into a very active tornado producing storm...the first of the season. By the way, this area of the country is also known as "Tornado Alley" because of the many tornados they get every year.

So now I am in Joplin, Missouri with very rainy weather...but no reports of tornados. I will be in Springfield, Mo this afternoon to deliver this small load.

No pics this time...sorry. I only had enough time to post this real quick to let you know my experience yesterday. I will also be responding to your recent comments no later than Friday I think. Thanks kids...and be good!

Blessings,
~TruckerTony

4 comments:

  1. what do you do when you meet a tornado? do you keep driving or do you hide somewhere ? judel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey i love your poems it is great. When did you noticed your in a tornado? And why did you not have a picture, it would blow away or you didn't feel like it.



    From Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judel,

    This was my first time in a tornado. There is really nothing you can do because they just drop out of the sky quickly. You just hope your not in the way, and try to drive away from it. it was cool to actually see one though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alexis,

    I didn't know there was a tornado until I saw it go across the freeway ahead of me. The first sign I got that something was wrong was when the police stopped all the traffic on the freeway. I thought it was an accident. Then, 5 minutes later, the tornado just went across the freeway a few miles ahead of me! I was so shocked at what I was seeing, I actually froze and didn't think about getting the camera.

    ReplyDelete