Thursday, February 5, 2009

Delivered Paint Cans!




Hey Kids,

This load turned out to be 17,000 lbs of 1 gallon paint cans that I delivered to Dunn Edwards in Phoenix. Dunn Edwards is a store that sells paint, wallpaper and other decorative items for your home.

One of the pictures shows the warehouse that actually makes the cans. You can see them stacked up, ready to load onto trucks. At the bottom of that picture you can see a big metal plate. That plate raises up and stretches out to my truck so that the loaders can use a forklift and put the cans on my truck. I'll send you a picture of a forklift when I can.

When I deliver these cans, Dunn Edwards will fill them with paint, put a sticker on the can that will tell what color and what type of paint it is, and then put it in the store to sell. Next time you see paint for sale, you can say your Trucker Buddy delivers those cans!

I also have a picture of what my truck looks like completely loaded. Usually, my loads don't stretch all the way back to the doors like this load does, but this load was pretty light. Remember I can load up to about 43,000 lbs in my truck!

The last picture is of a plane landing at the Phoenix airport. It is right next to the freeway and the planes come right over the freeway only a few hundred feet above. Its pretty cool to watch, especially since I want to get my pilots license someday.

Okay kids, thats it for now. Just so you know, I am stuck in Phoenix for a few days because there are 85 trucks ahead of me looking for loads. I might not be in touch with you again until next week. Have a great weekend!

Blessings,
~TruckerTony

14 comments:

  1. How dose it feel in AZ?
    how is it in there ?
    how is the food there?


    THANKS FOR SHARING

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trucker Tony,

    This is Lorenzo's mom, Susan. Your job sounds very interesting and Lorenzo is always very excited to report all your travels to me.
    He thinks it's very cool that you travel to so many different places and makes a special note to tell me specifically what you have delivered on any given day.
    He constantly asks if he can travel to the places that you have. I assure him that once it's summer, perhaps we will take a trip and once we do, he will be able to tell you all about it. Lastly, Lorenzo told me to tell you that he too has traveled to Arizona, Nevada and when he was still in my tummy, he went to Hawaii.

    Cheers and happy trails

    The Lucchesi Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your favorite time is sunset .
    I love your prayer .
    do you love school ?

    answer in this place .

    jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the panhandle is east of amarillo lorenzo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Answer
    Est of Amarilo .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your favorite time is sunset .
    I love your prayer .
    do you love school ?

    answer in this place .

    jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your favorite time is sunset .
    I love your prayer .
    do you love school ?

    answer in this place .

    jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi my name is kasey I heard you went to ever state but not
    one have you been to texas I hope you like my classmates comments can you tell my what color
    your truck is going to be can you please

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jenny,

    Arizona has been warm lately. It gets cool at night though. When I am in Phoenix, i usually just eat at the truck stop so the food is okay. Sometimes I eat soup that I carry in my truck with some crackers. I carry some food with me just in case I get stuck somewhere where there is no food...like a rest stop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Mrs Lucchesi,

    Thank you for taking the time to write and tell me about Lorenzo's excitement on my travels. I look forward to any experiences he wishes to share with me. Please feel free to write anytime with any questions or comments you may have.

    Also, you can view the most recent post on my blog by clicking on http://www.truckerbuddyclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jenny,

    Yes, my most favorite time is sunset. It really relaxes me at the end of a long day of driving.

    The prayer changes every day, so check back often to read a new one.

    I do love school. I have 4 girls at home and like hearing about what they are doing in their classrooms. Also, I take some classes myself on the Internet. Your never too old to learn new things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kasey,

    My new truck is going to be red, like the one I have now. In fact, I will have that next week and will post some pictures of it when I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Trucker Buddy Tony. Its me Daniel from Mrs. Sison's class. The paint is very interesting. I now know how they get the cans to the store. Will I hope you get your pilot license and I can't wait to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete