Saturday, February 7, 2009

Phoenix, AZ - Lordsburg, NM


Hey Kids,

Well, it's Saturday afternoon and I am in Lordsburg, NM at a Flying J truck stop. I have a lot of time to get to El Paso, so I have been taking it easy. Last night I stopped in a small town in Arizona called Eloy. I will leave Lordsburg early Sunday afternoon and plan on being in El Paso to drop my trailer around 4pm or so.

As you know I like to show you pictures. The first is of a nice rest stop just east of Phoenix. By the way, do you know which way East is? Your teacher can help you with that if you need a little help. The other pictures are of an area in southeast Arizona called the Texas Canyon. It is known for it's beautiful rock formations. There just happens to be a rest area there as well so I was able to get some pics for you.

By the way, a rest area is a place where cars and trucks can stop along side the road to take a quick break from driving. Most of them have restrooms and vending machines if you need a drink or snack to hold you over until you get to a city. Thats it for now. Be good and learn lots!

Blessings,
~TruckerTony

2 comments:

  1. nice truck tony it looks new is it new I like
    your pictures for our class at corpus christi
    school some of my classmates posted some coments to you well I hope you read my first
    coment you are the best truckerbuddy my
    classmates have ever been with
    so good luck
    sincerly kasey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kasey,

    My truck looks new, but it is 3 years old. I'm getting a new one in a few weeks!

    I'm glad you like my pictures. Check back often and you will see new comments and pictures from me. Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete