Thursday, February 19, 2009

Oklahoma Indian Nations


Hey Kids,

Sorry I have not written in a week or so. I have been very busy and did not have access to the Internet.

I wanted to talk to you a bit about some of the Indian Nations I passed through while driving in Oklahoma. Many acres of land have been given to many Indian tribes through treaties dating back to 1833 in Oklahoma by the US Government. There are also Indian reservations in many other states.

I went through the following reservations in Oklahoma: the Cherokee which has 877,229 acres; the Cheyenne and Arapaho which has the Southern Arapaho, and Northern and Southern Cheyenne tribes and at least 529,682 acres; the Kickapoo which has the Mexican Kickapoo tribe and 22,529 acres of land.

I have included some pictures of each of these Indian tribes for you. The first is of a Arapaho boy in full ceremonial dress; the next is a Cheyenne Chief; then a Cherokee medicine man and finally a Kickapoo medicine man.

Have a great day kids!

Blessings,
~TruckerTony

4 comments:

  1. Hi about the indian pictures they look so beautiful!When you couldn't access or it could't work what will you do?From Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trucker Tony!

    My name is Judel. I Like your American
    Indian pictures.
    Till next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alexis,

    Thank you for your comment on the Indian pictures. I found them on Google. When I don't have access to the Internet to write to you i spend my time reading.

    ReplyDelete