Monday, April 20, 2009

45,500 lbs of Recycling Material




Hey Kids,

I had over 45,000 pounds of recycling material I picked up in Las Vegas yesterday and delivered to Los Angeles this morning. I took a picture of the material in my truck, and the plant where I dropped it off. That is my trailer you see in the picture. I had to take my truck off of the trailer because the plant was small and my truck would have blocked everything if I kept it connected.

Did you know that old car tires are recycled to build roads? They cut the tires up into tiny pieces and then mix the rubber in with other materials to build many roads here in the US.

The other picture I am including is the sunset on Sunday in Barstow, CA at the Flying J truck stop. So...I have 2 questions for you;

Can you tell me what kinds of material can be recycled?

Why do you think it is important that we recycle as much as we can?


I hope you had a great Easter holiday kids! I will talk to you soon!

Blessings,
~TruckerTony

12 comments:

  1. Hi Trucker Buddy Tony it's Ryan on my Spring Break I went to Sacramento for 2 day's then went to Tracy I went to Sacramento because my cousin lives there so I went to Tracy because my other family was there to have a Easter egg hunt one of my other cousin's slept over my house I live in Brentwood my school's in San Francisco I just slept over my grandma's and grandpa's houseI went to Chuck E Cheese 2 times and one time bowling bye Trucker buddy have a good time/day

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the answers for the second question.
    So you can save the planet and so you don't waste stuff like paper , plastic , cans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Trucker Buddy Tony,
    The material things that could be recycled is paper,bottles and cans.
    It's important to recycle cause you will help clean the earth for Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trucker Buddy Tony it's us again.
    I just wanted you to know that I went to six flags and it was 82 and it was so hot.
    And I went on a ride and it was so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Trucker Tony,
    On my vacation I went to Reno Nevada I saw some of the CCS people and Lorenzo and Karen were there too. But I didn't see them.I have fun over there. From Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know that old tires are recycled to make roads, see I'm learning a lot of things, too from our dear Trucker Buddy Tony!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ryan,

    Wow, you really had a busy Easter! It sounds like you have a large family. All of my kids like Chuck E Cheese too...and I will admit there are a few games there that I really like too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen, Isis and Alona,

    Your answers are very good. I like the way you kids work together to learn and answer questions. Teamwork is always better than just one person. Keep up that habit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alexis,

    Your recycling answer is very good. What did you do in Reno? I like that town.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Ms Sison,

    You see, it is true; we never stop learning! Today i learned I am getting a bit old to unload a 53 foot trailer box by box all by myself :)

    ReplyDelete