Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pet Food to Davenport, Iowa


Hey Kids,

I picked up a load of pet food in Spanish Fork, UT going to Davenport, IA. It is only 14,000 pounds which is a light load, so I made good time getting to Nestle/Purina in Iowa. When I got there, I dropped my loaded trailer at an unloading door and picked up an empty trailer they had finished unloading and left.

I have been at a few truck stops the past few days and will be leaving for Illinois today (Sunday). Actually, Davenport, IA is right on the border of Iowa and Illinois, and I only need to go about 110 miles into Illinois to where I need to be on Monday. A highlight on my trip today will be going over a very big and famous river.

Can you look at the map on the border of Iowa and Illinois and see what river I will be crossing over?

I will try and get a picture for you when I cross the river. It is really pretty and the bridges are nice too.

The pictures I have included with this post show the sign to the World's Largest Truck Stop - the Iowa 80 located in Walcott, IA. There are a few pictures of the landscape of Iowa which I think is very pretty. The picture of the freeway signs was taken just as I crossed into Iowa from Nebraska. I thought it was neat showing the different cities I could go to.

Okay kids, have a great day and be sure to ask any questions or make comments on my blog if you have time.

Blessings,
~TruckerTony

22 comments:

  1. Hi Tony it's Ryan and where are you now? Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tony, good luck, god bless you, when you are coming to California

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there Tony! I sent an email regarding the requirements for the Trucker Buddy of the Month Nomination form. I should have done this a long time! You deserve to be the Trucker Buddy not only of the month,but also of the whole school year!Please send us your photo(no polaroid or photocopies) and jacket size. Do you still know our match number? Here is the the school address:
    Sonia Sison
    Corpus Christi School 75 Francis St. San Francisco, CA 94112

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ryan,

    Right now it's Sunday afternoon and I am in Winnimucca, NV. I'll be going to Reno, NV on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anon,

    Not sure when I will be in California. I am going to try and head back east to Salt Lake City, UT then head south to Cedar City, UT for a few days at home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ms Sison,

    Thank you for your kind words. I enjoy doing this and am learning a bit myself. I have sent you an email. I will also be sending you a pic and some other items hopefully in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Daddy (:
    When are you going to be in Cedar?
    I love the site, its great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kimi,

    I'm not sure sweetie. They are talking about sending me to California which means another week at least. I'll let you know sweetie. Love you.
    ~Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,Trucker Tony .
    We like our baby girl she made use happy eating the cake in her face. How many girl do you have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi trucker tony we so your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI truckertony i know something is coming up. I like your
    baby pictures .And thank you for giving those special gifts.
    And love that dream catcher.




    from:Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jenny,

    That is a cute picture of Kasie eating her first birthday cake! The frosting was so colorful on her face too. I have 4 girls and 2 grown boys.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Samuel,

    Thanks for writing. Did you see the stuff I sent to you? I thought there were a lot of neat pictures of Indians and what New Mexico looks like. Write again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Isabelle,

    You are welcome for the package I sent to you. Your right...a very special day is coming up for me. Write again Isabelle and have a good day at school.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Trucker Tony,
    Your look great even Kristi she looks cute.How much travels you been in.If you win hooray.
    From Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey happy birthday i know it was yesterday.Did you have a great birthday? From:alexis

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Alexis,

    Since my last post to you, I left California and went to Nevada, Utah, back to California (near where you live), back to Nevada and Utah. I am now in Southern California.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lillian,

    Thanks for leaving a comment for me. I hope you do check back often and be sure to ask any questions you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Alexis,

    I did have a good birthday...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kristopher,

    Thank you for your birthday greeting to me. I had a great day!

    ReplyDelete